Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Saturday, June 21, 2008

We made it to Kansas!



Sophia and I made it into Kansas City yesterday morning. I was so proud of her! She did so well on her first plane ride from Dallas to Kansas City. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about the whole experience, since you always here about babies crying and fussing due to the air pressure changes and ears popping during take-off and landing. But my little sweet pea didn't even notice or seem to mind. She was so engaged with all the new surroundings, sounds, and people. She played the whole time in my lap. Of course it helped that it was a rather short flight. Only an hour and 16 minutes. When we landed a lot of the other passengers told me how well she did on the plane. So we are in KC with Sophia's Oma & Baba for about 5-6 weeks. It has definately been a huge adjustment for her. She's already shown some stranger anxiety and has been a little frightened by her new surroundings. She seems okay during the day but the first night here she was not accustomed to the new crib or surroundings and just could not sleep on her own. I think she screamed her lungs out for over an hour until she finally fell asleep in my arms. She broke my heart about 10 times last night. I think she will enjoy it here though. She definately has tons of people here who love her!

No comments: