Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sophia's first cold


Well.....it finally happened. Our little sweet pea got her first cold of many to come. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. My poor baby--she has the sniffles, runny nose, congestion, and cough. She's pretty happy and smiley during the day but at night she has not been able to sleep because she has had such a hard time breathing through her nose. Plus it has not helped that we have had to put saline drops and suction out her nose 2-3 times a night. It gets all red and raw. That bulb suction is way to big for her teeny nostrils. I know it is all a part of her growing up as well as to build up that immunity. Thank goodness for humidifiers. So, Sophia & I fly out to Fishers, IN in 2 days...YAY!!!! We've had an awesome time here in KC but I am sooooo ready to be settled in with Sascha & Sophia in the comfort of my own 4 walls. Hopefully she will be feeling better by then. Here we come Indiana!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh yes, the joys of snot noses...I would say it's pretty lucky that this is the first time she is sick! I think this is number three for Johanna...

Gaby said...

I will miss you very much, sweet pea - and Mama and Papa too, love Grandma