Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Me at 13 weeks

I had my 2nd prenatal checkup today with my OB and everything is looking great so far minus one little detail. Since my last visit I have only gained 1 pound. I haven't gained much yet, but my body is definitely changing. My waistline has slowly begun to disappear and I am starting to feel a lot more like Humpty Dumpty lately. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today and it was amazing. You just never quite get over that sound of LIFE -- it was a strong heartbeat. As soon as I heard it I just breathed a sigh of relief knowing that my tiny little baby is doing a-okay in my growing uterus. Entering my 2nd trimester my risk of miscarriage is significantly reduced (although they say some women can be at risk up until 20 weeks). I did however encounter an episode of high blood pressure at my visit today, which makes me a tad nervous since my blood pressure has NEVER been that high ever and can potentially turn into Pregnancy induced hypertension or Pre-eclampsia. My OB told me that for now they will not take action and just monitor my blood pressure carefully. It's a good thing I own a blood pressure cuff and can check it at home myself. Well, I guess that explains my daily migraines I have been having. I am ready to start feeling great again! So at 13 weeks, the baby now is approximately 3inches in length, about the size of a peach or medium sized shrimp.


"Okay, fine, my skinny jeans aren't working anymore---- and my "fat day" clothes don't even fit."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lylia, glad to hear you are doing well. I went yesterday for my um....3rd visit and I still haven't gained any weight! I'm actually still down 4 pounds from pre pregnancy weight, they told me not to worry about it. I guess it can be normal in the first half, but it's weird to me cause I have NEVER had a problem with my weight before, well I mean I always gain it easily :) I'm sure the daily vomiting doesn't help much for that either.

Are you still feeling sick or starting to feel better?

We also had our ultrasound this week, and it was neat to see the baby, I'm dying to find out what it is but we aren't going to find out this time!! Ah!!