
What? I'm starting school already???
Gotta get the backpack on


Preschool, here I come!

Today was Sophia's FIRST day of Preschool at Creme de la Creme. Today was HUGE! I was so nervous for her that I did not sleep a wink last night. It is actually the first time EVER that Sophia has been away from Sascha or I and left in the care of complete strangers. It was quite an emotional experience for us. She has been so excited to start school, but I don't think it ever crossed her mind that we would really drop her off at school and say goodbye. It literally shattered my heart into a million pieces to see her crying face when we left. The great thing about the school is that they have cameras in every classroom and you could literally stay all day (if you wanted) and watch your kids on the monitors to see what and how they are doing. We stayed and watched for about an hour before leaving and she seemed to be doing okay. I of course called a couple of times just to check in on her.
So, Sophia is in the "Garderie 2" class with Ms. Jeni. I think she took to her teacher right away because when I went to pick her up she was waving with a huge smile on her face saying "Bye Miss Jeni, see you Friday." Her teacher said Sophia did great for her first day and was actively engaging in all the activities and from what I hear quite the chatterbox. She said that Sophia also sang the loudest in music class (no surprise there). I think this will be a positive experience for her and will help her to become more confident and independent and understand that there is a world outside of just being with mommy all the time.
In case your wondering about the uniforms, the Creme children are required to wear school uniforms Monday-Thursday because they feel it gives the children a shared identity and a sense of belonging. They also feel that the uniforms impress upon the children the importance of school activities and help remind them that they are in a special place. FYI








No comments:
Post a Comment