Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bassinet to Crib

Testing out the exersaucer
Juju showing off her new Diego books

Now that Isabella has pretty much outgrown her bassinet we have started the transition of getting her used to sleeping in her crib. Today was Day 3 and all I can say is that it is not going as smoothly as I would like. Lots and lots of tears and it is just torture for me to hear her cry the way she does. Sunday was the first time I put her in her crib for her morning nap and she was not a happy camper. She screamed her lungs out for about an hour and a half before I went and got her because I just could not stand hearing her cry any more. Day 2- Monday went well and she took 2 naps in her crib without a fuss but she cried her eyes out for her late afternoon nap. Day 3- horrible!!! She slept great for her morning nap in the crib but refused to sleep for her afternoon nap. She must have cried on and off for 2 hours before Sascha went and got her. It's TOUGH! I must have wiped this part clean from my memory bank when we did the Ferber method with Sophia. She's still sleeping in the bassinet at nights and she falls asleep without any problems in there. Hoping to get her sleeping completely in the crib by the end of the week. Wishing I had started this transition early on. What was I thinking waiting till she was 4 months old???

No comments: