Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011

My special day with Sophia

Getting started
Concentrating on painting
SMILE
Enjoying smoothies
and letting the imagination run wild!!!

Sophia & I enjoyed a special mommy-daughter day Sunday afternoon. Before Isabella was born she was always the center of my world. Since her birth, Sophia has had to learn to be patient and wait her turn and has probably heard "can you wait Sophia" or "not right now Sophia" more times than I would like. It's been a tough adjustment for her as well as myself (with lots and lots of tears inbetween) but it is getting better everyday. It is hard being needed all the time when you cannot devote your full attention the way you want too. I decided I needed to have that special time with Sophia, just the two of us, and make her feel special and let her know what a great kid & big sister she is. So Sunday I took Sophia to a place called the Ceramic Cafe where you pick out a pottery piece you want to paint and then have glazed. We talked, enjoyed smoothies and painted pottery pieces. I had such a good time with her that I can't wait to take her out on our next mommy-Sophia day.

No comments: