Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My girls

Isabella & I
The one who made me a Mommy!

Today I got to celebrate my 4th Mother's Day with Sophia and my first with Isabella. I could not imagine life without these two special girls. Being a mommy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me in this lifetime. It's not always peaches and cream, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. As a mom, I've learned and am still learning to take things one day at a time and enjoy the moments I have. I don't think there is anything more powerful on this earth than a mother's love for her child. Sure, there are things that I miss and some freedoms but if given the choice between sleeping in till 11:00 and getting up at 5 AM, I would choose to gladly stand in the silence of my girls room watching their chest rise and fall while marveling at their little angel faces. If given the choice to have traveled the world, I choose to have the love of my children which is 100 thousand times more powerful than any unspoiled vacation trip and never having known them. I know when the days of freedom return and are back, I will think of my girls and feel half full and wonder how I was ever a person without them. It's nearly impossible to describe what it is like to have a piece of your soul running on the earth beside you. MOM- it is the toughest and most rewarding job there is. Remember, Mother's Day is 365 days, not just a day picked from the calendar. Happy Mother's Day to all the hard working moms, past-present-and future!

No comments: