Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy 2012

Happy New Year everyone! Soooooo......... my blogging has been on hiatus for the last several months for absolutely no good reason at all. Hence, I am going to try and get back on track and update more regularly. It has been rather hard trying to find that extra time to sit in front of a computer to blog. Lots and lots of new updates. Time just seems to be moving at the speed of light these days. The girls are getting bigger with each passing day. Isabella will be 16 months old in 6 days and Sophia will be celebrating her 4th birthday in a week. Sheesh!!!! I can't believe that I am a mom to a 4 year old! It seems like it's happened in the blink of an eye, baby to little girl. Our holidays were well spent around family and it was very nice & drama free. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end 2011.

So here is a bit of an update on the girls:
SOPHIA- still in school 3 days a week (full days). She really has a love of learning and LOVES going to school. These days she is always rushing us in the mornings and tells us that she doesn't want to be late for her first class. Her teacher has told us that Sophia has been excelling in school with reading and handwriting. This week she gets to have class (as a trial) with the pre-K kiddos since she is already reading books on her own. She's even memorized all of her 50 states. So very proud of my little munchkin! She still does reading lessons with me on a daily basis and has almost completed her reading lesson book. 2 more chapters to go. She is very bright for her age and if I could describe her in one word, it would be INQUISITIVE! She is constantly asking "why" and "what does this word mean", etc. I sometimes feel like I need to have a websters dictionary or wikipedia with me at all times. With her crazy photographic memory I don't want to tell her something that is false. These days she aspires to be in her words "a ballerina first and then a veterinarian". She is my tiny dancer- twirling and dancing around the house wherever she goes. I am excited to see her at her first dance recital this summer. They practice weekly and the show they are putting on is New York New York. We just got her dance costume and it is SUPER adorable.

IZZY- went for her 15 month checkup. She is healthy & hitting all her milestones.
Weight- 23 lbs 12.2 oz's (64th %ile)
Height- 31.1 inches (69th %ile)
Right after the Thanksgiving holidays Izzy's vocabulary just started to explode. She is saying new words everyday and is even starting to say 3 word sentences. I listening to her talk. It is so incredible how fast she picks things up. A regular copycat so to speak. I guess that is the advantage of being a 2nd child. You grow up emulating your older sibling and trying to do things that they do. I love her budding personality. She is the total opposite of Sophia- carefree & fearless. Definitely the goofball of the family. We started potty training a few weeks ago with Izzy since she has shown an immense amount of interest in going potty. When she pee's in her diaper she had been saying "pee-pee" while trying to peel her diaper off. So I thought maybe it was about time to start. So far only 2 pee's in the potty! She will tell us "potty" and run to the bathroom and then sit for what seems like forever. Then when I put the diaper on she pee's. I guess it's a start.

So here are some words Izzy says that I can think of at this moment: mama, mommy, daddy, papa, juju, oma, opa, apollo, doggie, woof, meow, sheep, baa, fish, neigh, duck, bottle, water, more, eye, mouth, hair, head, feet, yummy, pasta, hi, bye, night-night, book, potty, peepee, poo, diaper, home, car, dirty, bite, no, nose, up, down, stop, banana, bread, hot, bellybutton , all done, help me, I love you (the sweetest sound ever)

These two are such blessings & challenges. Love them both to pieces. They love on each other and butt heads like crazy with each other. I don't suppose they will outgrow this??? Just was not expecting them to be fighting all the time so early on.

Potty training- DAY ONE. Look at the intensity & look of concentration in her face

Miss Sass, always posing for the camera
Izzy being Izzy :) this is her camera smile
The girls having a picnic lunch together
Sisters walking hand in hand
Pancakes dipped in vanilla yogurt
Now this is the way to eat!!! nom, nom, nom...
Izzy with her favorite book, "The wheels on the school bus"- loves, loves, LOVES this book!
She wants us to read it over & over & over & over......

No comments: