Our Disneyland Vacation 2011

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Sophia



My thoughts on my sweet baby girl. I am so proud of Sophia and feel really lucky to have such a great kid. I know every parent thinks his or her child is special but she is truly one of a kind. There aren't many 2 year olds quite like her in my opinion. She is very bright and intuitive, sweet and caring, and overall just a good 'egg'. We went through some growing pains with her during my last trimester and after Isabella arrived, but she has finally adjusted to having a new addition to the family. She is a great big sis and Isabella responds really well to sissy.

What's new? In the last couple of weeks, Sophia has really taken an interest to wordplay. Sascha and I think she is on the verge of learning to read. Seems early (I know) but she is very bright and advanced for her age. She looks at words and tries to sound out the letters. She's also taken an interest to rhyming words. Always asking if certain words rhyme. Once she learns to read we'll never be able to tear her away from her books. Yesterday, instead of taking a nap she spent 2 1/2 hours in her room "reading" her books from memory. If you don't know already, Sophia has this incredible photographic memory and attention span. She can recite most if not all of her books verbatim word for word by memory. The Skippyjon Jones book series are one of her favorites to read by memory. Now THAT was impressive to hear her recite Skippyjon Jones. She just doesn't miss a beat. Sophia's also been practicing writing words and does a great job with writing her letters. Lately she has also been doing a lot of imaginative role playing. I seriously could watch her for hours. She's not even 3 years old yet but seems so grown up already. She just seems above the norm for a child her age. She sure is special. I am lucky to be her Mama!

No comments: