
A date with my honey
So they say a good marriage is not something you find; it is something you build. It is something you must work for. It takes effort – struggle. It is hard work. I have taken notice that these days marriages are joined and come apart to a degree that seems extraordinary. The sacredness of marriage does not seem to exist anymore, at least it seems to be a rarity these days. Divorce seems to come so easy for some people when happiness disappears in the face of difficulty. Sascha & I have definitely had our share of struggles and strains in our marriage. But one thing I realize is that having our own time together, alone is so beneficial in every way. We sometimes get so caught up in life and our kids that we made the mistake of forgetting about ourselves. We recently went on a date (which we have been in need of for a long time), nothing fancy - dinner, conversation, and a surprise carriage ride around The Plaza. It was nice and it really re-energized our spirits. I honestly felt like a giddy teenager going on a date for the first time :) As they say, nobody lives happily ever after. There are tough days and difficult times in every marriage; every single one. But they are part of the refining process; turning raw material into fine gold. I plan to enjoy my husband and make sure we continue to have our special moments as husband and wife and not just mommy & daddy. For those out there struggling, don't give up. Marriage is not supposed to be easy and hardships can be endured. I know that enduring these hardships and overcoming challenges will only make the bond of marriage stronger. Take time to enjoy your spouse! I plan to.








No comments:
Post a Comment